|Founded in 1915, St. Casimir’s School provides a Christ-centered
Catholic, elementary education for students in preschool through
St. Casimir’s School strives to provide a safe, secure environment for student learning and will do everything in its power to protect the students should a crisis occur. The school has developed a Crisis Plan and Procedures manual which is designed to ensure the safety of all students, teachers and staff in the event of an emergency. Staff members have been trained in and are familiar with the steps outlined in the guide. During any emergency—including a weather-related occurrence—parents are asked to lend their help and cooperation to ensure that all involved work as a team.
In regards to school cancellations for any reason, please be aware that St. Casimir’s School is located within the
1. Listen to one of the following stations for emergency broadcasts:
2. PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE THE SCHOOL. We have very limited phone lines. They must be used to respond to the emergency. While we understand your concern, our first priority is to protect the safety of the students. Also, with limited phone lines or advance warning notice, it is not possible to contact families with updated information.
3. Stay tuned to the radio and TV stations for updated reports. An additional source of information is the
4. In most emergencies, your child will remain at the school he or she attends. However, in an emergency that prohibits remaining in the school buildings (such as a broken gas/water main, a fire or sudden loss of heat in bad weather), students and staff will be moved to the school’s alternate site at the
5. In the event that school is closed and students are to be dismissed for the day, St. Casimir’s School will follow the directives parents provided at the beginning of the year in regards to emergency transportation arrangements for their child. These directives for situations where the bus system is or is not running will supercede any daily written or verbal communication from parents regarding their child’s after school transportation plans for that particular day.